Are you going to Spain soon? Especially in Granada? Then you have certainly put to your itinerary the visit of the Alhambra. But if you have done some reading in the travel guides, in the forums or on the websites, you will see that people suggest you book in advance your tickets to visit the Alhambra. Is it really necessary?
Personally, I would say it depends on the level of desire you have to visit the Alhambra. If you really want to visit it, I would say book your ticket!!
Ticket Limitation for the Alhambra
You should know that in a concern to protect the place, a limited number of 7700 visitors per day may have tickets to visit the Alhambra. Of these 7700, 6000 maximum can be sold on the web and the remaining 1700 is sold the same day at the counters at the Alhambra.
Online purchase of a ticket to the Alhambra
To buy an online ticket, go to the Alhambra website.
Buy a ticket for the Alhambra on the spot
You want to take a chance and buy your ticket there? So here’s what you need to know.
- Tickets may not be purchased in advance. They can only be purchased on the day of The visit
- Tickets are only for sale at the Alhambra
- If the slightest you are in season a little touristy, you have to go for very early in the morning. For example, in September we were told that all the tickets for the day were sold for 10:00!!! In the tourist season, it seems that at 8.30 am (the wickets open at 8 am, although the Alhambra opens at 8.30 am) The tickets are all sold!!
- Once at the Alhambra, you can buy your tickets in 2 ways: via the attendant or via ATMs.
– Attendant: the Strong chance that you will have a queue
– Counter: It will cost you 1 euro more (13euros in place of 12euros) but as
Few people know them, you increase your chances of having tickets
If there’s ever a long line. They are not easy to find, ask the
People on the spot.
Hoping that space travel will have increased your chances of seeing this wonderful Alhambra.