Montreal is about to reach all the major cities of the world by offering free bikes in its streets: they are Bixi bikes. Indeed, if you have already visited Barcelona and Paris to name only those, you could see these bicycle parking lots and the people who take them and leave them according to their travels. Well, it is from the beginning of May that the city of Montreal will launch its own self-service bikes initiative.
How it works
Grab a bike at a bicycle station and leave it at the station near your destination. The rental includes unlimited access to the network for 24 hours and the first 30 free minutes on each trip. As you will see, it is the perfect way to move from point A to point B or simply to visit the city of Montreal.
More precisely here is how it works:
1. First trip of all: Pay your 24-hour access to the terminal (VISA or MasterCard) and take your ticket. For other trips. You will only have to identify yourself at the terminal with your credit card (no extra charges will be brought to your card) and take your new ticket.
2. Enter your unlock code (entered on the ticket) at the bike station of your choice.
3. When the green light comes on *, pull the handlebar firmly towards you to disengage the bike.
4. Your free 30 minutes start now!
5. Bring the bike to any BIXI station.
6. Firmly push the front wheel into a free anchorage and make sure the green light comes on * after locking the bike.
7. To obtain a receipt, identify yourself at the terminal with your credit card (no extra charge) and follow the instructions.
Cost Use Bixi Bike
Good the use of Bixi bikes is not everything to do free. Here in detail, the rate schedule.
Bixi Bike Stations
No less than 300 stations and 3,000 bikes are already planned, and this is just the beginning…